An inconclusive list of things I’ve learned from having a puppy in the house (again)
- Tiles are a godsend.
- Carpet accidents happen. Despite your best efforts.
- Money spent on a good carpet cleaner is never a waste.
- Reading instructions and learning the proper use of your carpet cleaner is time well spent.
- Puppies (like teens) eat a lot. They will eat
pretty much any everything.
- Puppies have two speeds; full throttle or fast asleep.
- You will walk more than you usually do or care to. You may even run.
- The older dog will teach the puppy good habits. And bad ones.
- The sound of dogs play-fighting is different from the sound of dogs actually fighting.
- Puppies learn rules quickly. They will flaunt them. While looking at you from the corner of their eyes.
- Puppies will bring out the gentleness and sweetness in recalcitrant teens.
- You will be responsible for the puppy (even though it will “belong” to the nearly-adult child).
- You will not mind this responsibility. You always wanted a horde of kids and dogs.
- You can teach a puppy to boop noses.
- Clever dogs learn quickly. Good behaviour, and bad.
- There is intense joy in being greeted at the door by excited dogs.