The types of personal information I may collect about you include:
- your name;
- your contact details, including email address, mailing address, street address and/or telephone number;
- your demographic information, such as postcode;
- your preferences and/or opinions;
- information you provide to me through customer surveys;
- details of products and services I have provided to you and/or that you have enquired about, and my response to you;
- your browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries and/or browsing behaviour;
- information about your access and use of my Site, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with my Site, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider;
- additional personal information that you provide to me, directly or indirectly, through your use of my Site, associated applications, associated social media platforms and/or accounts from which you permit me to collect information; and
- any other personal information requested by me and/or provided by you or a third party.
I may collect these types of personal information directly from you or from third parties.
Collection and use of personal information
I may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to access and use my Site, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to contact and communicate with you;
- for internal record keeping and administrative purposes;
- for analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve my Site, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to run competitions and/or offer additional benefits to you;
- for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about my products and services and information about third parties that I consider may be of interest to you; and
- to comply with my legal obligations and resolve any disputes that I may have.
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
I may disclose personal information to:
- third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, including (without limitation) IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing or advertising providers, professional advisors and payment systems operators;
- my employees, contractors and/or related entities;
- my existing or potential agents or business partners;
- sponsors or promoters of any competition I run;
- anyone to whom my business or assets (or any part of them) are, or may (in good faith) be, transferred;
- credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services I have provided to you;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend my legal rights; [and]
- third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist me in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you. This may include parties located, or that store data, outside of Australia; and
- third parties to collect and process data, such as [Google Analytics or other relevant businesses]. This may include parties that store data outside of Australia.
By providing your personal information, you consent to the disclosure of your personal information to third parties who reside outside Australia and acknowledge that I am not required to ensure that those third parties comply with Australian privacy laws.
How I treat personal information that is also sensitive information
Sensitive information is a subset of personal information that is given a higher level of protection under the Australian Privacy Principles. Sensitive information means information relating to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion, trade union or other professional associations or memberships, philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation or practices, criminal records, health information or biometric information. I will endeavour not to collect sensitive information.
Your rights and controlling your personal information
Restrict: You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. If you have previously agreed to me using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting me using the contact form.
Access: You may request details of the personal information that I hold about you. An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of such information. In certain circumstances, as set out in the Privacy Act 1988(Cth), I may refuse to provide you with personal information that I hold about you.
Correction: If you believe that any information I hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact me using the details below. I will take reasonable steps to correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date.
Complaints: If you believe that I have breached the Australian Privacy Principles and wish to make a complaint, please contact me using the contact form and provide me with full details of the alleged breach. I will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of my investigation and the steps I will take to deal with your complaint.
Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from my e-mail database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact me using the contact form or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
Storage and security
I am committed to ensuring that the personal information I collect is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, I have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the personal information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
Cookies and web beacons
I may use web beacons on my Site from time to time. Web beacons (also known as Clear GIFs) are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the visitor’s behaviour and collect data about the visitor’s viewing of a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
Links to other websites
For any questions or notices, please contact me:
Using the contact form here
Last update: 14 Feb. 2019
Profile image credit: Kelly Hammond Photography